Sunday, September 4, 2016

Resurrection...


Photo Credit: http://www.clipartkid.com/images/119/heartrate-heartbeat-tattoo-SREnEk-clipart.png












Hello Adoption Fusion fans,

Well, I'm finally back!

After about a two-and-a-half year hiatus, I'm going to resurrect this blog! A number of things have inspired me to do so:

  1. A colleague/fellow Smithie friend of mine has just started a blog. It's been such fun to subscribe and see her posts. I told her that she was an inspiration - and I should start up my blog again. So, here I am.
  2. I read a few articles last week on Inc.com about morning productivity, waking at 4 a.m. (#21earlydays) and using that time to work on a project or your passion. I immediately thought of this blog. Note: I am trying out the #21earlydays ONLY on work days. I've accomplished two so far.
  3. My work-life situation has shifted quite dramatically in the last two years, and I'm finally able to put this as a priority again!
  4. Another adoptee friend of mine posted about her experience recently where she encountered...well, let's just say it...ignorance about transracial adoption. There is still much to be done in the area of awareness and education. This was the reason I started this blog in the first place!. Time to get back to educatin'!
  5. Simone Biles, Rio 2016 Olympics and the debate about her "real parents", Enough said.
  6. There are still SO many great articles, discussions, workshops, conferences about adoption and transracial adoption. My hope is that this can be a place to collect and share that information!
And so, without further ado, I share with you a September 1 MPR radio show, discussing the decrease in international adoptions and the experience of adoptive families and their children.

Enjoy!

No comments: